Friday, February 24, 2006

Shoddy Service

I am so upset right now, I can barely stay composed. My furnace broke down...Last night...Again. I put a heater in my bedroom, packed the kids in my bed and we stayed there last night to keep warm. I called Sears at 8am today and requested emergency service. They told me someone would be here in 2 hrs. I called again. They said 1hr. I cancelled my business lunch with a vendor so that I could be home. Nobody showed. I called them about 9 times today, which is absolutely unacceptable, and is by far the crappiest service I have ever experienced in my life.

I think I'm a decent communicator. I think I explained the problem well. But when I have to call 9 times, and each time be asked "yes, at that address I'm showing a Mrs. Simpson, is that your name", and I correct them and get the same question again the next time, it's just beyond pathetic. What is even worse, is the fact that I have to explain the whole problem over again each time. You would think a company like Sears would have a proper call log.

Well, it's 9 degrees in the house. I'm freezing, and the children are going to be home soon. I couldn't pick them up myself this lovely Friday because I'm home waiting for the stupid Sears furnace fixer. I am so frustrated right now.

Well, this was the breaking point for me. On telephone call #10 to Sears, where I was again asked if I was Mrs. Simpson, and was again told there was no record of my call, I totally lost it. I started to tell the lady that their incompetence was unacceptable, and that it is 9 degrees in my house right now, and that I am a single mother and my children can't sleep here tonight and what the bloody hell does she want me to do? And then of course, I started crying. Nice. Well that was professional.

Well anyways, I guess the Niagara Falls tear factory worked, cuz she says she'll personally make sure they call me. I'm still waiting for that call. Why the hell do they have to piss a customer off so much before they get their act together and finally learn to provide basic customer service?

No comments: