Friday, February 17, 2006

Need a Break

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I feel like I need a break. I mean I did the spa thing just about 2 weeks ago, but here I am...Again. I think this is a good way of letting yourself know that you've had enough. When two weeks go by and you feel burned out all over again.

The workload at the office is getting to me. To much to do, no time, too much slipping through the cracks. I am getting so tired. To top it off, this is going to be another crazy working weekend, just me and the laptop. I'm not looking forward to this at all. I'm already tired, and its only 8pm Friday night. I'm waiting for next weekend, so hopefully I can get rest and not have to work. Now that's sad. The pathetic thing is, I think half the people who work with me probably have no clue what I do all day. Now that's weird.

So, I have a cleaning lady coming over tomorrow. I'm glad I'm doing that. I'm not a slob or anything, but its been almost 2 weeks since I messed up the knee and two weeks without vacuuming, cleaning washrooms etc is just gross. So hooray! By tomorrow evening I should have a clean house.

My ex came to pick up the kids. He went on and on about how he's "moving on" and meeting new people. Oh please. Put a sock in it. Like I should care. Please- move on and be someone else's problem. It's not like you were some major prize cookie to begin with. I know...Bitter. But what the heck. I think I have the right to be. I actually want him to be happy, but I don't want him trying to spite me. And while I'm on the topic...I'm the one who left. How can he emotionally move on when I'm still stuck trying to repair myself? That's just too much. And his behavior today is just downright mean- why would you rub someone's nose in that? I don't understand it. How childish...I would never do that to him. ARG ARG ARG - I'm feeling my grouchy side coming out these days, and I don't like it one bit.

Anyhow....I'm looking at that snack basket my friend sent me and yes. I think I'm going to binge and eat it. It looks good and I feel like crap. Instant gratification. Besides. I have a work meeting at 3am. Don't ask. It's hazards of the job I'm in I guess....So tonight will be a late night. I'm planning on going to bed at 5am. Funny thing is, with the insomnia, that's been happening on its own. Watch tonight be the night I actually fall asleep. How ironic would that be?

No comments: