Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow Day

I love the snow. I love the way it looks when you look out the window and it makes those fluffy serene covers on everything that is outside. I love the brightness. But I don't like the cold. I also don't like it when there is so much that your car won't come out of the driveway. And I get stuck when the kid who comes to shovel doesn't show up the one time there is a lot of snow.

We spent the day at home today. The children and I were a little bored, because we aren't accustomed to spending an entire day in the house. But, they did their homework (grudgingly), and I decided to cook. I think the cooking was actually a good thing, because I haven't been cooking much lately. Life has been so busy that I have been resorting to quick meals, or take out.

Some baked chicken, beef kebabs, and butter chicken later, I am feeling pretty good today. If this keeps up I might even bake a cake with the children in the evening. If I have the energy.

Anyhow, I'm still wondering how I will get to work tomorrow. I can't shovel the snow because it would throw off my back for sure, and I can't find anyone to do it. Then again, it would be the lamest excuse in the world to work from home the day AFTER a snowstorm.

I miss my SUV. I used to plow through massive amounts of snow with that thing. The civic is NOT my thing. :(

No comments: