Thursday, December 20, 2007

Boring Eid

I took today off for Eid. In fact, I am off until Jan 7th. This, however turned out to be one of the most boring, crappiest Eids ever. And to top it off, this was yet again, another divided Eid. Half the world celebrated yesterday, the other half celebrated today. When will we ever get our shit together?

I would rather have been at work. The highlight was visiting my sister, which was nice. Other than that, it didn't even feel like Eid. It felt like any other day of the week, except I gave up a vacation day. What a waste.

I had a bunch of plans for today and they fell through. So here I am. Feeling annoyed, tired, and feeling like this was a waste of a vacation day.

Thankfully, tomorrow is a new day. Over the holidays this year, I would like to go to the gym, and stay the hell away from people. I'm a little extroverted out. With the exception of one or two friends who I don't mind seeing, I think I would like to be a bit of a hermit.

Here's to telling most of the world to back off and give me some mental space...

No comments: