Saturday, December 15, 2007

Being a Winner

My son is a total politician. The other day, I was rushing in the morning to get ready. He woke up (early) and looked at me and asked if I wanted to race to see who could get dressed first. I told him that I already had my suit on. I only had to do my makeup. He responded that this left him "plenty of time". Nice.

I accepted his challenge.

When he was done getting dressed (and admittedly, I still wasn't ready), he got up to wash his face. Once he stood up, he said he was too tired and wanted to go back to bed. Now I knew better than anyone, that if he goes to bed without washing up, I will never get him out of the house. So, I offered to help him wash up. He accepted.

While washing his face, I told him with a chuckle that now that I helped him get ready, I would lose the race. He paused for a moment and then turned to me and said (with a totally straight face I might add):

"But mommy, when you help another person, you're a winner too".

Wow. Either that was deep (and I feel proud to have raised this little boy), or he will make one awesome politician.

I have NO IDEA where he got that from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know where he got that - FROM YOU. Shaz, you're really doing an awesome job with your cuties. Really. One day you'll be hundred and fifty percent sure of it, insha'Allah.
- s

shaz said...

Awww. That was touching. I hope you're right.

And thank you. :)