Monday, December 24, 2007

Back From NYC

I found a last minute flight that left on Sat and came back this morning. Although the travel for the flight out of Pearson was totally nuts on Saturday (this is totally the craziest time of year to be traveling), the return was not so bad. And I am REALLY glad that I went. I really wanted to see Mr. NYC, and I needed to get out of here for a few days. Like I said, I'm totally glad that I went.

On a personal note, I am finding that the pressure has built up on many fronts:
  1. Emotionally from the court case
  2. Financially (big time) from the court case
  3. Work has gotten very busy (hey- you can enjoy what you do but also be swamped, right?)
  4. Lately, I have this intense desire to stay away from all my friends, with the exception of one... Not sure what's going on there, but I'm hoping it will pass. It's very messed up when an extrovert shuts the world out. It's probably not healthy for me in the long run...
  5. I also really need to get my gym routine back. Although I haven't put on weight, I am definitely less toned than I was two months ago, and I need to get that toned feeling back again. I also need the happy high I get from working out. Actually, I need that more than I need air these days. Let's hope i hop back onto the routine before going back to work on the 7th.
So my goal for the next 2 weeks is to somehow pull myself out of this headspace.

Oh yes, and Happy Birthday to my son, who turns 8 today. We will be having cake today, and having his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's on Saturday. Happy Birthday baby! :)

No comments: