Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Build A Bear

My daughter has a Build-A-Bear that we got her when she was about a year old. Actually, it was a gift to her from a girlfriend in California at the time. My daughter loves the bear (actually, it's a bunny, and her name is Mimzy). Recently, she asked if I could take her to the Build-A-Bear Workshop, and I assumed that this meant that she wanted another bear. I waited until after Eid, so we could spend her Eid money at Build a Bear.

Today, we were at the mall buying stuff for loot bags for my son's upcoming birthday party. (I know- insane day to hit the mall). Anyhow, I decided to pop into the Build a Bear while we were there. My daughter was in awe. She loved the place. When she was done looking around, I asked her to pick a bear so we can proceed to build it. She looked shocked.

"No mommy! I didn't want a bear. I just wanted to see where Mimzy was born".

"Seriously? Ok- well I brought your Eid money. I thought you wanted to build another bear".

"No mommy- I can't! If I do that, Mimzy would be heartbroken and jealous. I don't want to break her heart. If I do that, it will break my heart!"

My gosh. My heart melted. How adorable.

Just as I was ready to leave, my son asked for a bear. I told him it was his decision, as we would be spending his Eid money. He was OK with it. My daughter wanted to pick up some clothes for Mimzy.

Thirty minutes later, we left the store with two happy children, and a new addition to our family. My son swears that he will sleep with Husky the dog every night, and my daughter is thrilled with the "Hello Kitty" pajamas she picked up for Mimzy, fully equipped with matching ribbons for Mimzy's ears.

Kids are absolutely adorable. My daughter's words were so cute and so genuine, that I don't think I will ever forget that precious moment.

Thank God for them. They keep me laughing. I can't imagine if there was anything that REALLY made my happy before they came into the picture.

It's interesting- I'm still in court, life is still stressful, I still have down times, but I have more
happy moments than I ever did before the divorce. Life is funny isn't it?

No comments: