Monday, November 12, 2007

A Restful Day Off

Today was awesome. I can't even explain why. It was one of those days that I try to have when the kids are away with their dad, but I can never manage to have because life is just too busy. Today I did nothing. Well, it felt like nothing. And I wore no makeup, wore glasses all day, and ran around in jeans and sneakers. And it was wonderful.

I dropped the kids off at school and then went grocery shopping. In peace. No kids. No "Mommy can we buy those?" Or "Mommy- he's hitting me!" -Nothing. Just silence.

Like I said, it was nice.

I came home and made myself a spinach, mushroom and feta omelette with egg whites. Perfect breakfast. Yummy, and within diet rules. It doesn't get better than that. And, I watched TV while I ate. In peace. I NEVER watch TV anymore. It was great.

Next, I folded laundry. While watching old episodes of "The Office". On DVD. Did you get that? I watched a DVD while catching up on laundry. AWESOME.

I cleaned out 12 purses. In them, I found 3 unused 10-ride train passes, 23 subway tokens, 28 pens and 5 long lost lipsticks. No wonder those purses were so damned heavy. No wonder I couldn't find those subway tokens. My right shoulder (the purse shoulder) feels lighter already.

I then proceeded to go to the mall and run a couple of errands. I even had coffee with my dad. I can't remember the last time I did that. I helped him pick anniversary flowers for my mom. Then I went to get the kids, came home, did homework, made dinner, and tucked them in.

And here I am. Relaxed.

Funny how a simple day (that might seem to be like it was full of chores) could feel so relaxing to someone like me. It's actually kind of sad too. But I'm not complaining. I'm grateful to have had this one day.

No comments: