Friday, November 23, 2007

Mental Health Day

I took a day off today just to chillax. It's been good. I did the laundry and groceries in the morning, mostly to get those chores out of the way, and then I did nothing. I was resting on the couch, surfing the internet, talking on the phone. It's been great.

The fish fiasco ended yesterday when my son came home and found the new fishie swimming in the tank. He assumed it was the old one, which was kind of the point, and didn't notice anything. He even threw in a few words about how smart I am, and how he will never doubt me again in the future. Bonus.

On a scarier note, my neighbour called yesterday to tell me that she saw some guy in a black car parked outside my house for about 3 hours yesterday. 3 hours. She said he looked Pakistani (she's Pakistani herself), and that he looked like a slimy guy (whatever that means). The point is, I feel a bit weird. I mean, why would someone be outside my house for 3 hours in the middle of the day? There aren't many Pak neighbours here (that was a pre-requisite to buying my home-no desi neighbours) so he probably wasn't here to bug anyone else. Then again, if you were here to stalk me, wouldn't you park out of sight instead of right in front of my home?

I basically told her that next time if she sees anyone, she should contact the police, tell them that I am a single mom with a psycho ex husband and that they should come and check it out. Above and beyond that there isn't much else we can do.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be shameful if it was some dude waiting for someone (for 3hrs?) and that I just pegged him as an evil stalker? Maybe he is some guy waiting for a girlfriend who lives a few doors down and he had to hide out so nobody sees him waiting for her, because her traditional desi parents don't want her dating an older man...

Or, maybe he is a stalker. Sigh. I am so messed up sometimes. Now I'm the one who is getting paranoid.

No comments: