Saturday, February 17, 2007

Taking it Easy

I'm home on my own today. The children are with their father this weekend, which gives me a weekend to myself. Usually these are the weekends where I visit NY, but my friend is away on an extended business trip, which means I'm on my own. Not that I mind. I haven't had this kind of downtime in a very very long time.

It's funny how our bodies have the ability to respond to our environment and personal circumstances. I have a gi-normous "To do" list. I have a ton of errands to get through. But today, the one day I have to myself, I wake up dizzy, tired and lethargic. I feel like I want to sleep the whole day. It's like my body is re-claiming what it feels it is rightfully owed. Like it wants to cash in on all the sleep and rest that it's been losing all those weeks and months that I've been pushing it far beyond its capacity.

I had plans with friends, and errands, and none of them will be a "go". I was half grateful when my friend (who is also a single mom) called to cancel our dinner plans for tonight. All I could think of when she called me is 'that's OK, now I can curl up in bed and do nothing'. Isn't it odd how things turn out?

I'm going to take it easy today. Today will be my marathon movie-and-book-reading day. It actually sounds like a treat, and is VERY out of character for me. That's probably half the problem, now isn't it?

I'm going to change back into my pajamas, and watch the movie. Pajamas are a MUST for a day like this.

No comments: