Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mid Thirties

Well...today (Feb 9th) puts me at 35. And you know what? I think I'm doing OK. At 35, I've finally (almost) cleaned up the mess of a marriage, I've got my own home, a job that pays the bills (well, that needs a bit of change, but everything happens as it should), two beautiful children, lots of awesome friends, great parents, and a really special someone as well. I can't complain. I've been reminded of that over and over again for the past few days, so it's starting to get ingrained...thank God.

My day was hectic today. Lots of office work etc. By 4pm, I realized that I didn't even have breakfast, so I had to grab a quick bite. At 4:30 the doorbell rang, and lo and behold, a package from a friend in NY :) Well, OK flowers. Well, to be specific, a birthday cake made out of flowers, a cute teddy bear, balloons, and some chocolates. That is a nice way to make someone feel special when you can't be there in person :)

Anyhow, this evening, a bunch of friends went out for dinner. We had a nice time. There was about 18 of us. It was nice to get out, to laugh, to spend time with everyone. I miss them all so much. Life is so busy that we never get a chance to get together. I'm glad they made the time to celebrate my birthday with me tonight.

I got an email from my ex denying his wife's pregnancy. (Big surprise there). We'll just have to wait and see what happens in about 7 months. He basically said that he made a mistake marrying the wrong girl with me, and he wouldn't be stupid to marry for the wrong reasons again. Yeah, thanks buddy. More like the other way around. I have the emails to prove it.

Anyhow, enough about him. My house looks lovely. There are flowers everywhere. I have bunches of flowers that were birthday gifts from friends this evening, and the flower cake as well. I love flowers. They make me happy :)

Well, like I said. Mid thirties. I'm feeling totally OK with that. In fact, I'm better off now than I ever was in my life. Things to be grateful for I suppose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shaiza...Happy Birthday!
Sounds like u had a blast...we are glad.
Chat soon.

v & g

Anonymous said...

Shaz,

For the past 35 years you have so much to be thankful for and have accomplished so much. Two beautiful children, an MBA and a great job to name a few.
Although the last 3 years have been difficult, its always nice to share your "new beginnings" with the people who have seen you through the toughest of times and who love you dearly.
I see this as a turning point for you and wish you continued happiness, success, laughter and smiles.
Cheers to Family, Friends and Loved Ones!

Love,
Your Lil' Sis S.

shaz said...

Thanks sis! It was a really nice evening, and very long overdue. I was talking to Rich tonight and he was commenting on how lucky I am to have so many genuinely wonderful people around me. I whole heartedly agree. The friends and family that I have are the reason I have managed through everything.