Friday, February 23, 2007

Sold to the McFlurry Guy

Today is Friday, which means I get to work from home. I had alot of conference calls, a very busy day. By early afternoon, I realized that I hadn't eaten a bite. I had the idea of picking up my daughter early and taking her out to lunch, and then taking her back to daycare. (Oh come on, it's just daycare, and at the end of the day, she missed lunch and nap time-big deal!).

We had a nice time, and she was thrilled at the idea of getting a special lunch with Mommy. I had a really nice time too, it was great to spend some quality one on one time with her. We went to a Hakka Chinese restaurant. We giggled away as we ate lunch. There was a little water fountain with plastic frogs just next to us. My daughter asked that if I kissed the frog would it turn into a prince. I asked her to give it a try. She laughed and said what if it turns into a nasty prince, a yucky one that nobody would want? I said "Well, you can kiss him a second time and turn him back into a frog". She responded with "Eeeew! Who would kiss a nasty prince? If he's nasty, you kiss him!"

Ha! My daughter a master planner at the age of 5! I love it!

After lunch we went through the McDonald's drive thru for a McFlurry. The guy at window #1 was in an especially jokey mood today, and as we drove away, my daughter said "Mommy, he's nice, and he sells ice cream. Why don't you marry him?"

Um- because he's the McDonald's McFlurry guy. Nice...my daughter just traded me for a McFlurry. I wonder why she is so keen on marrying me off? I feel like it's reverse arranged marriage here. My daughter is finding suitors for her mom. Something is seriously messed up.

Anyhow, I spent the afternoon plugging away at work. Why is it that email never goes away? No matter how many you answer, the inbox always stays full. Anyhow, at 5pm, I got one from my ex's lawyer. What an ass. It's a one liner. Here's what it said:


We are writing to inform you that your ex husband is in the process of engaging the services of a mediator to mediate the issue of therapy and counseling for the children.

OK- So what the heck? I mean, seriously...it took you two weeks to tell me that you're going to START looking for a mediator? When will you have one? In two months? We'll be back at the beginning of the list by then. Ass.

Anyhow, I basically replied telling him that it was not acceptable to waste two weeks and then tell me this. And that I would need an exact date by which this mediator will contact me. Let's see what he says.

My ex is the biggest jerk from hell. He could give the devil himself a run for his money.


No comments: