Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Horrific Experience

Just when you think things can't get worse....just when you think you **might** be able to manage through everything, life throws you an unexpected curve ball.

I've never seen anything as scary as what I experienced this weekend. Hands down. Never. I created a word doc so I that I never forget what I saw. It isn't every day you witness your own child having a total complete emotional breakdown. For 4 hours. Uncontrollably, and almost to the point of seizures.

There are days when you look at things and wonder what the heck you're doing, where you wonder if your decisions were worth it in the end. This is one of those days.

Needless to say, tomorrow will be one hell of a whirlwind for me. It will consist of me, running around, trying to get my ducks in a row to make sure that my children are emotionally and physically safe moving forward, and making sure that my ass of an ex is accountable once and for all for his actions. I won't be able to go to the office tomorrow, and I'm not sure when I'll be in again next. It all depends on what I'm told tomorrow.

The stories I heard from my son this morning (the morning after his breakdown) were scary for me. They were things I've experienced. I know the fear well. I lived it for many years. But there was always one golden rule. Never the children. Don't touch the children, don't scare the children, don't hurt the children. I left my ex to uphold that rule. I'll be damned if he walks all over it.

The justice system has failed us thus far. Let's hope it has some teeth this time.

No comments: