Tuesday, February 13, 2007

OH PULL-EASE

Have I mentioned that I cannot stand my ex? Pure drama. He's a nutcase.

He called tonight to speak to the children. After speaking to our son, he asked to speak to me. We started off talking about how all this hostility is not good for the children. How it's emotionally hard for them to have to witness their parents infighting like this. So we agreed. Then I realized that his wife was on the phone. On the other extention. Listening to our conversation. Nice.

Then he went on to say that he overheard that one of my friends told one of his wife's friends that I left him because he was abusive. I was silent. I know she's on the phone, so now what? Do I tell him 'that's cuz you were', or do I stay silent? And then I decided...no more silence. After all, it's not like I'm supposed to know that she's sitting there listening in. So I said it. I told him that I have advised my friends not to bad mouth him, but that a few did know the truth, and what did he expect? After all, he was abusive, and that was one of the main reasons why I left the marriage. His reply "well, that's your slant on things".

WHAAAAAAT? No way. This is too much. You bring it up and then expect me to accept that it never happened? I don't think so. I didn't go through a year of therapy for nothing.

Then I let him have it. Hell ya you were abusive, and I have hospital records and doctors files to show it. And yeah, remember all those black eyes? Well I didn't imagine them. Remember your handwritten apology letter where you admitted the abuse? Yeah, I still have it. Hell ya. And don't tell me I'm making it up. Go to hell. You started this conversation, trying to act like it never happened. As if I would ever tolerate that.

Then I heard a slam. Either the phone slamming, or a door slamming. Oh look who's not impressed. Must be your wifie. I guess someone is sleeping on the couch tonight.

Serves you right. Dumbass.

No comments: