Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Directionless

I got home at 9pm again today. Left the office just after 7:30pm. I'm really starting to hate this. I'm feeling overworked, undervalued, underpaid, and basically directionless at the moment. Re-orgs suck. Big time.

It's funny. I was talking to my dad yesterday and I told him about how crappy and weird things have become at the office. He was in shock. "Weren't you the one who was saying in September that you LOVE your job?"

Well, yeah. But that was September. That was almost 5 months ago. Since then, my awesome boss left, my awesome friend and colleague died, we re-organized, I now feel demoted (optically), and things are pretty much directionless. I guess alot can happen in a few short months.

Strange how quickly things can change. Let's just hope they can shift into better form sooner rather than later. I am still hopeful, still thinking that this will be my year of change. I'm hoping for a great year. Still optimistic, just...well, more tired than normal.

No comments: