Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's/Snow Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! OK- and Happy Snow Day! It's a rare day when Peel District Public schools are closed. They are usually open no matter what. Luckily, a colleague at the office reminded me to take all my work home just in case we got snowed in today. He lives in Burlington, so he knew he would be snowed in, but he knew that it might end up being equally difficult for me. He was right.

It's kind of neat...I got a Valentine's delivery of flowers. Two dozen long stemmed pink roses. One dozen in an arrangement, and one dozen boxed. Pink is my favourite colour. My house is now filled with flowers. I got roses from two friends on my birthday, tulips from another friend, the floral cake arrangement on my birthday, and now two dozen roses. I love flowers.

I spent the morning making a huge breakfast with the children. It was like Sunday brunch. I'm working from home today, and I'm getting some work done, but to be honest, it's tougher to get work done with two kids at home. One kid is manageable. Two kids means alot of refereeing. They're reading books right now, and I'm working on stuff, and then later on I'll let them watch some TV, and do homework.

My kids are disappointed to miss Valentine's Day. They wanted to give out their cards. I must have the only kids on the planet who actually wanted to go to school today. When I reassured them that they would probably celebrate it tomorrow, then they were satisfied to be at home. :)

Now...back to work.

No comments: