Sunday, February 11, 2007

35 Things to be Grateful for

In honour of my 35th, I thought I'd list the 35 things that I'm most grateful for. They are:
  1. My health.
  2. My children's health.
  3. My children.
  4. The fact that my children still find comfort in a hug from their mom (a hug can still make everything better for them).
  5. My home- I LOVE this place!
  6. A job that allows me to pay my bills (even if it's not always what I want it to be).
  7. A job that allows me to have a flexible schedule, so I can be a single parent, guilt free, including when my children are sick.
  8. Awesome family that is supportive of all my decisions, even if they should feel I'm making a mistake.
  9. Amazing friends, the best anyone could wish for in the whole world.
  10. The fact that the colleagues around me at work are so close to me that I can trust them with my best side, my worst side, my errors, without ever feeling threatened for even one second.
  11. An awesome certain someone who doesn't like to see me down.
  12. An education.
  13. Clothing for my children and I.
  14. The opportunity to have experienced a loving relationship once in my life (even if it never goes anywhere, it was worth it!)
  15. Being told by many people that I'm worth more than I think.
  16. Having children who tell me how special I am, and don't take me for granted.
  17. Having had the opportunity to experience childbirth and motherhood (yes, I'm serious).
  18. An alarm system that helps me sleep peacefully at night.
  19. That when my aunt died I was able to look at her life as an abused woman and learn from it. And here I am. I have her to thank, as her death and the tragedy around it changed my life forever, in more ways than anyone will ever know.
  20. Long walks in Central Park...
  21. Long walks along the lake shore...
  22. My memories, both the good and the bad. The good keep me smiling. The bad remind me never to go back.
  23. The ability to feel attractive, despite my many imperfections. This is new for me, but I'm glad it's happening.
  24. That I made it through a neurological attack 3 years ago, and haven't had a relapse of any kind (Thank you God!)
  25. That I made it through a divorce without losing myself. I'm not cruel, evil, bitter, or full of hate. Frustrated yes, but I haven't lost my integrity.
  26. That I can still get a compliment from a complete stranger out of the blue without fishing for one ;)
  27. Sushi (Yum. It's my drug!)
  28. My burberry handbag. It has sentimental value and it's cute :)
  29. Really colourful sunsets (I actually stop to watch them when I see them....these are rare, so when they happen, they are a gift)
  30. Long distance telephone calls :)
  31. A day at the spa.
  32. A good massage.
  33. Strappy high heel sandals.
  34. My diary- on my worst days, I still have to write there...
  35. This blog- believe it or not, it's been therapeutic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me love your list. time to Favr them. I'm going to do one myself when i turn 35 which is in 6 years.
s

shaz said...

6 years? Dang! You're YOUNG! :)