Saturday, September 30, 2006

One Year of Blogging!

Hey! I did it! I reached a year! I've officially managed to replace my paper diary (that I have been keeping since I was 13) with a blog! How fun!

It's been neat getting people's feedback, reading comments, and getting support from the people who I rarely get to speak to, but who I hold very dear.

It's also been good for me. I think this blog single handedly helped me face some of the issues that I have kept to myself for over a decade. When you speak out loud, you have to face your problems. You can't hide from them anyone.

I've used this blog to force me to face some of the demons I've been dealing with- the abuse, the community pressure, the intrusion and comments from family and friends. And I have my few close friends (who read this blog) to thank for all of this. That and the two people who suggested I start my blog. A colleague at work, and my boss. My colleague reads this blog (and sometimes even drops his words of wisdom)...my boss doesn't. I think it would have been hard to have my boss read some of this stuff, although to be honest, he knows most of it anyhow, and has been one of the strongest supporters around me.

Either way...here I am. Let's see how long I keep it going. It's been quite a year.

No comments: