Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Saved by a Diet Pepsi

It was raining today. Traffic was slow. It took me 2 hours to drive into work. Now that is brutal. Maybe it's just me, but something just feels so wrong about getting up at 5:30 and then STILL trailing into the office at 9:30, especially when you left the house at 7:30. GRRR

Anyhow, I did my regular routine today, had a breakfast wrap, dropped the kids off at school and at the babysitter I recently found for my son, who, by the way, is working out just fine.

Then I got onto the highway; or should I say- the QEW parking lot.

You know your day is going to be a crappy one when a half an hour goes by and you've only gone through 2 intersections on the highway. Now that is sad. I could have walked that distance in less time.

So there I was, driving into the office, and I looked at the seat next to me and saw my packed lunch. Packed lunch which also contained a diet Pepsi. I'm thinking to myself 'no you can't, it's 8am'...But I just couldn't resist the urge for caffeine. And besides, I thought to myself- it's not like anyone will know that I drank diet Pepsi that early in the morning. (Except those who read this blog) :)

That was the best diet Pepsi I ever had. Thank God for a morning kick. I feel alive again.

I know. I'm sick :) But happy. MMMMMM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with that. I have one every morning. I wait 'til 10 AM; it's a limit I imposed on myself 'cause I used to drink 4 or 5 a day and crack the first one at 7:15.