Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back into the Swing of things

I'm hoping for no more glitches. I know that my ex has a tendency to throw my life off with little or no effort, but as of now, I'm feeling a bit more stable. The children are set in their routine (I hope), and I've got their before/after school care all arranged. I found a fantastic after school program for my son. They will pick him up from school, drive to their facility, do 30 mins homework, 15 minutes snack and a 45 minute karate class, followed by arts and crafts each day before I pick him up at 6pm. I figure if nothing else, the karate class should be good for his confidence, self esteem, and focus. Not that my son needs it, but you can never go wrong with extra discipline in those areas. Especially if you are an active 6 year old boy.

My daughter was thrilled to see her friends again. I was happy to see her happy. There is something to be said about emotional stability. When my children appear happy and well adjusted, I feel happy and well adjusted. Let's hope the momentum continues.

As for today, I'm mentally ready to be back at work. I had a nice pep talk with Mich and Rich yesterday and that helped me quite a bit. Today, I'm dressed in a suit (that tells you my mindset. When I'm in a suit, I'm ready. When I'm business casual, I'm usually not). It's a nice day outside, and I just have to pack my son's lunch, give them breakfast and I'm off to work.

I'm praying that I can keep my focus this time around. It's also nice to know that all my friends have been praying for me :)

No comments: