Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Holding Strong

I took a few days away. I took Friday off and went to visit a friend for the weekend. We had a nice time, went to see a show, hung out, went for long walks. I'm feeling a lot better now, and I feel like I can face the world again. Thank God for good friends.

As for my ex, the drama continues. He contacted a friend of mine last week, tried another one on Saturday, and then had a whole bunch of drama when I went to pick up the children from him on Sunday. He wanted to go through the whole reconciliation talk again, wanted me to stay and have coffee with him, etc etc. I told him no, but to be honest, even that took 10 mins because he kept on protesting and trying to convince me. Then when I got home, he called me again, asking if he could come over. Then on Monday, I had to go to his place to pick up the children's backpacks and encountered the same drama. I'm getting tired of this, but I feel like I can keep going, mostly because I feel a bit recharged from the couple of days away.

Today I'm working from home. I had to take the children to school. My son started grade 2. He looked absolutely adorable in his new outfit with the new backpack and shoes. I walked him to school, and he kissed me and said "Don't worry mommy- I'll do really well". Even he can sense all my emotions, including when I'm sentimental, concerned, nervous, etc, and he always knows how to cheer me up. I LOVE him! I love that I probably have the only kid in grade 2 who is not ashamed to give his mother a goodbye hug and kiss in public. It made my day.

Next I went to my daughter's Montessori and registered her. Yes, registered. With all the legal drama I didn't get a chance to do that yet. I called the school and told them she would be returning, but never filled out the paperwork until today.

At some point in the day today, in between my office work, I have to find a before/afterschool arrangement for my son so that I can actually go to the office tomorrow. This is all so complicated sometimes. I don't know how other single moms get through this stuff. I get through mostly because of all the emotional support around me. But still...my kingdom for a nanny!

No comments: