Saturday, September 23, 2006

Happy Ramadan

Well, it's Ramadan. Happy Ramadan to all my Muslim friends! I've been trying to keep this Ramadan busy so I don't act like such a hermit, like last year. So far, I've booked every Saturday for the next for weeks, as well as two Sundays...and I've made arrangements with family on the weekdays. I'm also going to take my children to the mosque a few times...Let's see if my faith gets uplifted in any way :)

I took the day off to spend with a friend on Friday. It was his birthday, and I'm glad we got to spend some time together- it was fun. As always, the "When will Ramadan be?" question was looming in the air on Friday- because- as always, we as a community always mix this up and have some people start on one day and the rest on the next. Sigh. Love that lunar calendar.

I have decided to adopt a new philosophy- I will start on the later day and end on the earlier day- how does that sound? :)

No comments: