Saturday, September 09, 2006

Chat with the Ex

I had an msn chat with my ex this morning. I saw him online and went by a gut instinct and unblocked him to see what he would say. I figured if he caught me online, it would remove the emotion from our discussions and perhaps give him a chance to have his say. I'm actually glad I did.

I guess my approach was right...His phone calls stopped a few days back. He has resorted to emailing me for administrative matters around the children, so I thought I'd give him a window on msn. He says he's trying to move on, but it's hard. He has up and down days. I think I can understand that. But he did say that he will leave me alone. He actually says that he hopes that one day I will meet someone who is a better fit for me than he was. I'm not sure if it's just a line, but it's good enough for now.

Anyhow, the good news is that he's found a job. That's good because it means two things- he will be able to pay child support again starting October, and on a second front, it means that he will be busy in the day which means he will have less time to mentally focus on me. That is perfect for me.

The conversation overall was cordial. That's a start. It was also very detached. That's a good thing. I'm not foolish enough to think the world has changed. I'm just hoping this is a baby step in the right direction.

No comments: