Tuesday, September 26, 2006

10 days of Peace

Joy to the world...My ex is out of town. On training. For 10 glorious days, in Arizona. I never felt so free, except when he was in Dubai. Nobody to bother me, harass me, stalk me, etc. WOW- it's better than winning the lottery!

I'm going to a dinner party on Saturday night. I would normally decline because of the chance that my ex may be invited and actually show...But now, there's no risk! I can go and have fun. What joy!

I'm half joking...But just half. After all, 50% of this is what you allow it to become. Needless to say, I've permitted things to get bad by not slapping him with a restraining order the day he returned from Dubai, or heck, by not slapping him back the first time he hit me. Either way, I do think I'm getting better at keeping him and his bad behavior contained. I am learning...

On another note, he came by on Sunday to drop off the children. In his new Volvo. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy he has a new car. But he admitted that it's costing him $700 a month. And yet, the man cannot pay child support. What's the deal? If it were me, I would take a lesser car and backpay child support because they are my children (and responsibility) too. But that's just me. As it stands, he doesn't intend to back pay anything :( He does however, say that he will start paying support again in October.

Man! Either I'm a real sucker, or he has truly given me a raw deal. I keep telling myself, don't worry; all men aren't like that. There are guys out there that are very loving and responsible who would never treat a woman badly or with disrespect. At least, I hope there are. I certainly don't want to end up feeling like most men are selfish and money hungry with no care for others.

Don't get me wrong, I know many women who are like that. It's just- I'm not one of them...So IF I ever decide to get into another relationship, it would have to be with someone very giving and thoughtful, someone with integrity. Basically, the opposite of my ex. If he exists :)

Well....For now, he exists in my head. That's a good start :) At least I'm being optimistic...

No comments: