Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still on Track

I love it. My routine is still working. The ex is keeping his distance (probably because of his new job), and I am finally feeling like I can breathe. If I can keep things on track, I will be one permanently happy camper.

I even added an extra thing to my crazy routine. I'm trying to get the children to sleep in their own bed. That is a big stretch. What I've had for the past year is two little monkeys sleeping with me in my king sized bed, and I often wake up to a foot in my face, or by practically being pushed off the bed. You would be amazed at how strong a little 4 year old girl can be when she's rolling over in her sleep.

On another note, I'm still a bit tired from the weekend routine. I went to a Mehndi (henna party) on Friday night, a wedding on Saturday night (with the children both times I might add), and we threw a baby shower for my sister in law on Sunday. I am completely exhausted.

I do have one small story to share...My son is a total politician. I never let this child drink coke (after all, it's just pure sugar and he has waaaaaaaaaaay to much energy already). Anyhow, at the wedding, he came up to me with two drink glasses in his hand. He smiles, hands me the coke and says "Mommy- I got a coke for you and a water for me. Here you go". Of course, we all know what he was up to, and I do have to say, I was pretty impressed with his approach, so I smiled and said..."Oh really...How sweet of you. Tell you what...Why don't you take the coke and I'll take the water?"

He actually kept playing along "oh no mommy- I REALLY wanted you to have the coke". And then I said..."Well ok, but my suggestion is that if you really want to drink it, you should take it and run while you can, before I change my mind".

He took it, and ran. No more conversation on that. I love that kid. He is so adorable.

No comments: