Thursday, August 31, 2006

Here we go Again

It never ends. Never, never, never! I'm starting to feel like I am one of those people who is just meant to have complications in her life. I've been trying not to be negative, but it's just really hard. I've also learned that no matter what, we have to be grateful for the friends around us, but at the end of the day, we all stand alone. Friends can help to cheer you up, to keep your spirits up, but at the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own well being. You cannot expect anyone else to stand for you the way you can stand for yourself. We are ultimately responsible for our own safety.

So, the past week has been chalk full of my ex's insanity. He's been stalking me again, behaving erratically and just being an overall pain. I thought that on Wed at my daughter's soccer game, that would be the end of it. I thought wrong.

Friday August 25- My ex starts calling a community leader and shows up at his house requesting that he help to reconcile my marriage. He basically wanted this person to go to my father and persuade him to talk to me. (What the heck? Am I an idiot? Do I not have a say in anything? Why would you send anyone to my father?). Thankfully, this person refused the request.

Saturday August 26- My ex goes to my parent's home, accompanied by 2 of his brothers, his mother, his friend, and a different community leader, requesting to speak to my father. I'm not kidding. This is the most insanity I've ever heard of. Who does this stuff? They were basically there to request that my father speak to me and persuade me to reconcile for the sake of the children. My ex claims that he has changed, yada yada etc etc. Anyhow, my dad is stunned. He asks where the heck everyone was for the past 2 1/2 years, like before the divorce. He asks them to leave, and advises that he will not speak to me, and that furthermore, even if I wanted to reconcile, he would never let me do it. Go daddy go!

Saturday August 26- My brother calls me and advises that he has received an email from my ex requesting an opportunity to meet and to prove that he has changed and that he has an undying amount of love for me. I tell my brother that if he meets him, we are through. DO NOT MEET!

Saturday August 26- My ex calls Rich's house while I am there and goes through the same shpeel with him. ***sigh*** I am getting so irritated by this point. Why do people give him the time of day?

Sunday August 27- I get a call from a friend who wants to talk. This person advises me that my ex is basically obsessed and that he (my friend) is concerned for my safety. He doesn't know what my ex is doing, but is concerned that he may "go off the deep end".

Monday August 28- I am leaving the house at 7:30am and the phone rings. I pick up without looking at the call display because I'm in such a hurry to get out the door. It's my ex. He wants to come over and deliver a letter to me. I refuse and tell him not to come to my house. He insists that I must read the letter. I tell him that if he comes to my home, I will call the police. He tries to give me a guilt trip- we were married for 15 years and now I can't even spare a minute for him, etc etc. I tell him no I can't and hang up.

Monday August 28- It's 8am. I'm driving into the office. My phone rings. It's Mich. My ex has come to their home unannounced, asking to speak to Rich, letter in hand. I tell her no way, send him away tell him to leave. I speak to Rich, and ask him to make him leave. He says ok. Now I'm really stressed.

I call the office and speak to my girlfriend. By this time, the stress is getting to me and I'm crying hysterically. I'm afraid for my safety because he's acting crazy, and I'm really annoyed by all the harassment. I get to the office, still crying, and she takes the day off to spend with me and calm me down. Saved.

On Tuesday, I went to the courts to find out my options, and spoke to a lawyer. I know what my options are. I'm just waiting a couple of days to decide what I want to do next.

Honestly, crazy people should be locked away forever. The laws are too weak and don't do enough to protect single mothers with psycho ex husbands. I went into the office yesterday, but had a really hard time focusing. I'm working from home today, taking the day off tomorrow to visit a friend, and working from home Tuesday to see the children off on their first day of school. Hopefully by next week, I'll be doing better.

Damn him. Why does he have to be so crazy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaz, There is a name for what he is doing "Criminal Harrassment". I suggest you get a restraining order. I know that you don't want to involve the kids too much, but you also don't want him anywhere near you. If he has visitation, have him pick up the kids at your parents house, and don't be there when he does.
BF

shaz said...

Yes, I've been thinking about all my options, and that is one of them. I'll fill you in on more the next time I see you.

Anonymous said...

He needs, what we call in south asia 'A Blanket Parade'. :

shaz said...

You are hilarious. You've said that to me before. Thanks for making me laugh. :)