Sunday, August 13, 2006

Centre Island

I took the children to Centre Island yesterday. They had a fantastic time. I never realized this, but they've never been on a boat. The highlight of their day was the ferry ride to the Island. I wanted to give the children some time to just chat...Away from friends and family, so I could see how they are doing. They seem to be doing just fine. Most of all, I really feel they enjoyed the alone time with me. I wish I had the resources to take them away somewhere for a week. Since that isn't possible at the moment, I'll have to stick to day trips for now.

It's amazing how resilient children are. I had some really good talks with them yesterday, and they are very well aware of the fact that their dad is pressuring them, and of the fact that it isn't right. They expressed that they enjoy the time with me because I just like to make sure "everything is fun" and because I "don't get mad easily".

I'm personally a bit stressed about the possibility of another legal battle. I'm finding my mind a bit scatterbrained, and I've yet again reached a point where I have no desire to go to the office, or do much of anything until I've settled this issue. It's amazing what an enormous impact personal factors like this can have on our motivation to do other things in our life. Really, in the grand scheme of things, a few days in the office feel unimportant compared to the stuff I'm dealing with now...But either way, we plug along and do what we have to do right? Right now, I wish I were self employed and had people that could manage my workload for me, so I could deal with the current issue at hand. Then again, there is always vacation time that can be used I suppose.

To top it off, my mom has some health tests tomorrow, and my mind is on that as well. I'm debating if I should take Monday off and be with her, or if I should let my sister go with her. Yet another thing to think about.

So, the main focus for me now is to get through this stuff with my ex. To see what my options are. I spoke to someone who is fairly well versed on this stuff and she said that in her opinion, I won't have a case to fight for full custody at this time. Mean and dirty tricks are apparently common in divorced households, and if there isn't actually physical abuse happening, I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Like I said...It's sick...I almost have to wait until it's too late to have the power to do anything. Either way, I'll get a second opinion. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please hang in there , you are strong , smart , and sensiable all what you need is little patience and inshAllah things will turn around your way , you have beautiful kids and I can assure they will manage all difficulties in their lives , kids are stronger then we think ..... your moms health will also turn out normal just be with her when she goes for her check ups.....good luck ....

Anonymous said...

All the best with the legal battle. Keep at it. Don't lose hope. God helps those who believe and act.

Was there not abuse in the past towards the kids as well? Why isn't that enough to get full-custody? I don't understand this.

If he's erratic and unstable again, maybe you can use that too.

shaz said...

Well about the abuse in the past, it was mostly towards me. The one incident that happened towards the children was the day that I left. That did not hold up because he was bipolar, and not yet on medication. Once he started on the meds, he had a letter from a psychiatrist saying that he was now better and was totally safe to be around children.

That's when I no longer had a leg to stand on. Like I said, he almost has to do something before I have a case :(