Thursday, August 24, 2006

Working from Home

I'll be working from home on Thursday and Friday this week and next. I've had some daycare issues...Did not realize that the daycare ended its summer program for the last two weeks of August. I've found a babysitter for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays, but have nobody for Thursday and Friday. Thankfully my boss is super understanding and has no issue with the extra flexibility. In return...I do my best to work really hard, despite the distraction of the children being home with me. For the most part they are pretty good...They watch TV, play games, play in the backyard, so I can't complain. Still, I won't lie and pretend that it isn't easier to work from home when it's just me here. Then again, I welcome the extra time with the kids in their home.

I went for my physical check up today. It's been two years since my last one, so I got some scolding from my doctor. He says that especially given all the stress that I've been under these past two years, I shouldn't be neglecting my health. Stress has severe impacts on the body so I should be more responsible. Either way, he was pleased to see that all my vitals were textbook perfect. ECG, blood pressure, etc...All clear. Let's just wait and see how the bloodwork turns out. He said that he is pleasantly surprised. He apparently was expecting to find me a mess after everything I've been through. Apparently I'm more resilient than any of us anticipated. Brownie points for me. Thank God for sticking by me on this one.

No comments: