Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Will the Weirdness EVER End??

SO....

I went to watch my son at his final soccer game last night. My ex, of course is the coach. He decided not to coach and to spend the entire hour talking to me. I told him I was not interested in talking but...That never seems to work.

He started off by saying that he is glad that I am moving on...That I have many friends, that I seem to be enjoying life, that I seem happy. He then went on to ask if I was seeing anyone. I said that it was not any of his business, and that he shouldn't be asking me these types of questions. He basically said that he still hoped we would be able to resolve things, and somehow get back together. He said that he still loved me. I told him that people who love don't punch eachother in the face. Furthermore, I told him that things have progressed much too far. It is much to late for that, and if he really cared, he would wish me well, and want me to meet a nice man and be happy.

He didn't seem so happy.

Anyhow...It was an awkward and uncomfortable experience. I'm glad it's over. I basically told him to move on and meet someone, to find happiness, and to wish me well. When the conversation persisted, I asked him to not be obsessive...To please just be happy and let me be. I admitted to casually being introduced to people, but did not talk beyond that.

I feel sad for him...But really...What am I to do? I had to tell him the truth...That I have NO desire to get back together...The divorce is finally over...I just want to move on. I want to be free.

GOD...Are all men this difficult, or do I just know how to pick 'em?

I really truly just want him to be happy....Then he will leave me alone. When I basically said that I was not interested, he got back to the re-opened custody dispute...When would I reply to the lawyers...We are going to hash it out in court...blah blah blah.

I chose not to answer. I feel stronger, but I know that I am taking strength from the people around me who hold me up and make me feel secure.

Tonight, I go to Rich's to review our court strategy. Hold on...Here we go again...

No comments: