Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekend Brunch

I had some friends over for brunch today. We had a nice time. It was I guess, our last brunch/large breakfast before Ramadan, which starts sometime this week depending on the moon/what Muslim group you belong to/what views you follow- traditional vs scientific, or whichever way the slice of toasts falls- butter up or down. Honestly, don't get me started again about my views on this whole moon thing.

Anyhow, I'm assuming that Ramadan is in line with my court date on Thursday. With the reduced carbs in my diet, I'm finding that I get hungry more often (I know- that shouldn't be the case- go figure), so I'm curious to see how I fare this Ramadan. Also, I hear that fast will break later this year, so that should be just loads of fun. Sadly, my boss has come to know me pretty well in just 4 months' time, and he jokingly tells me to eat lunch before I get "bitchy". I would say that is an accurate description of me when I'm hungry, so I'm sorry to say he may be right when he says that he doesn't know how I will make it through Ramadan. If I eat lunch just two hours late, I'm moody and curt. Don't worry- I'm an adult, I am sure I will survive.

On another front, Mr. NYC is on another business trip for two weeks. He calls me several times a day, so I don't have the right to complain. I just know I would have wanted to see him this upcoming weekend, especially since it will be right after the court date. Then again, with Ramadan in the picture, it's kind of hard to meet schedule wise. Too many iftaar parties and social obligations. Sigh. I know people will blast me for this, but I can't wait until Eid.

No comments: