Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Frustrating Return

The kids were brought home 30 mins late. I hate it when he does that because I end up sitting on pins and needles wondering if they will be brought home. My reading an Oprah mag this weekend didn't help because the issue I was reading had an interview with a mom who came home to find that her ex husband killed himself and the children. That freaked me out.

Anyhow, the lateness is the least of my concerns. Here is a rundown of what I have found out this weekend:

  • Contrary to what his lawyer promised my lawyer, their visit this weekend was NOT supervised. He took them to his own home, unsupervised, all weekend
  • He force fed my daughter until she threw up (jerk)
  • He did not do the children's homework at all. My son has to prepare a presentation and there was some artwork that he did in class that he had to present. My ex kept the artwork and didn't send home the presentation outline. I'm stressed. How do I prepare a kid to present something I've never seen and he can't remember? What do I do- go to the school and explain how dysfunctional we are and then set the miserable example for my son that it is OK to make excuses or blame others when you can't meet your deadlines?
  • He kept the children's shoes. Seriously. He kept their brand new school shoes and sent them home in old shoes so tight that they had blisters. What am I supposed to do for gym class? Apparently, he TOLD the kids that he pays me money so he should have a set of clothes at his house, and that if they needed more, I could go and buy more. So he decided to keep their shoes. JERK.
  • He did the same thing with their jackets. What am I supposed to send them to school in? Children do not need 2 sets of jackets in 2 homes. Now they don't have jackets for tomorrow. What a JERK
  • He took off the silver crystal earrings that I bought my daughter and kept them in his home. Took them. Off her ears. I bought those as a present for her. What a sick demented JERK
I am SO tired of this. I have no idea what to expect for Tuesday, but I'm hoping for something that will at least alleviate SOME of this insanity. I cannot go a year and a half waiting for this to go away. And you know, we ALL know what will happen if by some stroke of insanity the courts grant him unsupervised access. This will just get worse.

No comments: