Friday, September 14, 2007

And They're Off

The kids will be with their dad this weekend. I've personally imposed supervised visitation. That is about as much as I can stretch things until our court date on Oct 2. I want to be as fair as possible, while protecting the children.

At first, I thought he wouldn't find a supervisor. He is yet again fighting with his family so nobody wants to be around him. I guess in the spirit of Ramadan, his brother agreed to supervise. His lawyer advised that they will be supervised. I found all this out as I was picking them up from school. I had plans to be with them this weekend, so now I have all this time on my hands and I have no idea what to do with it. A rare scenario indeed.

I could hang with some of my friends, but most of them are fasting and will probably prefer to be at the mosque. No thanks. While I am trying to get my faith back on track, I'm still not anywhere near mosque mode. I could do house chores, but I'm not in the mood. My lawyer is raking it in, so I don't exactly have money to shop either. Hmmm.

If Mr. NYC weren't in Pakistan, I would be busy with him this weekend. I'm not used to having a whole weekend to myself, and well, having it in Ramadan is just weird, cuz your social calendar is stunted.

I have enough on my to do list to keep me busy. I just have a very uneasy feeling about my kids not being here with me.

No comments: