Thursday, September 20, 2007

Midlife Crisis

I had coffee with a colleague today. I worked with him years back. When we met for coffee, he asked me what inspired all the changes. He in particular meant my giving up the hijab, but he also was asking about the divorce. I gave him the ultra short version of it, and told him basically that a lot happened in 2004. I had a physical breakdown, ditched the scarf and the man, and found my way to where I am today. OK- I gave a bit more detail than that, but after hearing what I said, he told me he thinks I went through a mid life crisis. Hmmm. I never thought of it that way, I mean 32 is a bit young for a midlife crisis, but now that you mention it, that IS kind of what happens in a mid life crisis, and given I was married at 21, perhaps he isn't far off the mark. Tee hee. I found it amusing either way.

This afternoon, I found an old friend on facebook as well. This was one of my best friends during MBA. We lost touch somehow after she moved to Montreal. I was SO excited to find her again. I actually have been asking around other MBA friends, and nobody had her contact info. Bless you facebook!

I'm finding my anxiety level higher than usual these days. I attribute it to the approaching Oct 2 court date, which is still a week and a half away. I'm trying to keep busy and keep my mind on other matters. I'm realizing that somehow over the last couple of months, I've forgotten how to enjoy "the moment". Previously, I was able to appreciate little things like a play afternoon with the children, but I'm finding myself pre-occupied all over again. I think I'm going to have to focus on relaxing...if that makes any sense.

No comments: