Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Curse of the Indian Ice Cream

So I was at my parent's home for Iftar (Ramadan dinner) on Saturday night. After dinner, I was cutting pieces of Indian kulfi (ice cream) out of a tray and slipped. Really slipped. Like stabbed myself in the wrist just by my thumb on my left hand. I can type using one hand right now.

The wound was deep, the blood wouldn't stop gushing and I had to go to emergency for some stitches. Percocet pain killers are my best friends right now. It's deja vu, cuz I was high on the perkies after my car accident in December.

I spent all day with mom and dad today. Couldn't move my left hand, and was drugged to death from pain killers. All I can say is that I will never forget the feeling of blood gushing out of your skin. It's creepy.

I'm not sure what to do about work tomorrow. I can't think straight on the pain killers, can't survive without them, and can't type with one hand. I also feel stupid calling in "sick" over a few stitches. Sigh. I'll figure that out in the morning.

In the meantime, pass the pain killers.

No comments: