Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Response to My Documents

I got his response today- He served my lawyer. Here is the coles notes version:
  • He lied. All of it.
  • He got a friend that I once had respect for to support him and talk about how outraged he is that I would "make up" stories about the abuse just to be allowed to move to NYC
  • He accused me of driving while impaired in December, resulting in my car accident. For the record, I have NEVER had a drop of alcohol in my life
  • He accused me of neglecting the children so I can go "clubbing"- come on- those of you who know me- have I EVER gone clubbing?
  • He accused me of dating a very close friend, and stated it as fact that this friend is my current "partner"
  • He said that he has never hit me, hit Fatima, or hurt the kids, that a strong independent woman like me would have left him long ago if he had ever raised a finger, and the fact that I didn't leave, and never filed police reports shows that he is the innocent victim, subject to my lies
  • He got affidavits from people who say they have seen scratches on him that apparently I gave him (what a lie).
So here is what is bugging me:
  • His friends are willing to document lies for him, yet mine don't even stand up to document the truth. Man some people have failed me. Big time.
  • I'm feeling a little ticked- where is the justice?
  • So I am putting this out to the remaining people who read this blog. For those of you who know my situation, who know what I went through, for those who helped me get community members involved, including therapists referrals, Imams, those who sat thorough my long desperate phone calls to you, for those of you who saw my bruises, for those of you who had scary conversations with my ex husband and saw and heard some scary things....if any of you are willing to come forward with an affidavit now is the time to speak up. Think long and hard people. I know many of my friends can help. And I know some have chosen not to. Others still have to offer. If you know you can help, this is your last chance...
Otherwise stay silent, but remember, my children's lives are in your hands. I hope you sleep well at night.

No comments: