Friday, March 16, 2007

Henna Party Decision

My ex's henna party is tonight. It has been so much drama it's giving me an ulcer. I'm so sick and tired of dealing with him, his family, his wife. I often think that there is no justice in the world. And yes, I'm getting bitter, but I'll blog about my bitterness tomorrow.

As for tonight, where things stand right now is that I'm torn. On the one hand, the children want to go to their father's reception tomorrow night (Saturday) as well as the Mehndi (henna party) tonight, Friday. On the other hand, I'm not sure that they should be allowed to go. Their father is an abuser, abused their mother, abused them. Then again, if their speaking up and telling the truth means they "lose out" on the things that they want, I'm sure my ex and his family will teach them that speaking the truth doesn't always set you free, that it does have consequences. And then where will I be? And then there is the fact that my ex's new wife has been relentlessly begging me to let the children attend the wedding. I want the children to be happy, I want to have an amicable working arrangement with the new wife (since clearly there won't be one with my ex), and I don't want to make the punishment too large for the crime. IE- it is a big wedding, so it's not like he can physically hurt the children. It's the emotional harm that I'm worried about.

Where I'm thinking of going with this, and who knows if I'm right, is that I may send them for about 2 hours, with a friend as a chaperone. I have one girlfriend who's willing to do it for me (thank God for her!). This will keep the children protected, and let them attend. I think it's probably the best compromise that I can think of. My main concern is their safety and I think it will be protected if I send them with a chaperone to keep an eye on things.

Sigh. What drama. When does it end? I swear I'm getting so fed up of this. Every way I turn, the crazy people seem to find me, and they are always willing to add to my aggrevation.

No comments: