Thursday, March 01, 2007

Can I get Charged?

Interesting question. A girlfriend just asked me if I can get charged for not giving my ex husband access to the children. Since the CAS aren't stopping access, and since the courts didn't grant me the emergency motion, should the status quo stick IE- his visitation? I'm not sure.

My lawyer says that it is a very grey area. I don't know. I mean, can he turn and argue that if the CAS didn't feel there was any risk, then who am I to make unilateral decisions?

I mean, I'm just the mother, right?

It's so weird...I'm here about to make a decision that could create major problems for me later. But I DO feel I'm acting in the best interests of the children, and I am acting under the advice of my lawyer.

Should I get a second opinion?

My ex is entitled to 2 telephone calls a week. One is on Tuesday, one is on Thursday. I didn't pick up the phone either night. Tonight he is furious. I got 2 enraged text messages, one email, and two angry voicemails in the span of 45 minutes. Not to mention the multiple phone calls, none of which I picked up.

If failing to allow phone access twice in a row makes him this pissed, I wonder what denying the weekend access will do?

I'm feeling stressed. And scared. And well, stressed.

Would I lose my job if I got charged? Wow, that would be bad....acting in the best interests of the children would also mean making sure I can support them financially. Living in the street would NOT be the best interests of the children....

I'm freaking myself out....

No comments: