Friday, December 23, 2005

The Holidays

A sigh of relief. I just put the out of office on my email which means I can live in a different zone until Jan 9th. I'm going to give it another go at trying to park the blackberry. I know I'm horrible at this, but that means there is lots of opportunity for improvement. I've already told the office that although they have my home number from before, they can call me in case of a massive emergency only, and yes, that means avoid calling me. That's a first for me, so let's see how it goes.

As for holiday plans, I plan on not planning. I have some ideas around what I can do with the children- Chuck E Cheese, the movies, watching TV with a big blanket at home, I bought some puzzles, and some new games, and I thought a trip to the toy store will be in order in honor of my son's 6th birthday tomorrow (yes, he's born on Christmas Eve). Makes the Christmas season that much more eventful for a Muslim family. :-)

He actually got smart this year. He's asked me not to have a birthday party and to give him extra money and a trip to the Toy Store instead. I think he's onto something...I think I'm going to do it...He will get some neat stuff and I will avoid the party planning. Everyone wins.

As for me, I'm hoping to sleep in, live in eyeglasses and track pants, and to do some odd chores around the house. I'm really looking forward to it. I needed a good break. Bless my boss for making me do this. He basically told me that this is the only time in the year where you get a free ticket not to reply to emails and to be, well a bit relaxed and somewhat incompetent if need be. He's right. He all but made me take the time off, and I think he's awesome for looking out for me. I love my office friends- I work with a pretty neat bunch of people. I'll be re-iterating that especially if two weeks from now, I go back to the office without having received a call from anyone. :-)

No comments: