Saturday, December 10, 2005

Extra Weekend with the kids

This weekend, I get to spend extra time with the children...My ex had something to attend this weekend, so he "let" me keep the children. It's been fun. I think in many ways, it's actually better for me to have them with me like this, cuz it forces me to slow down. When I'm on my own, I work way to hard, and way too late into the night, and I get anal with cleaning up and stuff. When I'm with them, I feel guilty sitting on the laptop all day, and I end up spending the day under the blanket reading stories, watching cartoons, making puzzles, and eating potato chips and chocolate (mmmm! Chocolate!). What could be better than that? Give that to a super ultra stress-o-rama like me, and its like a retreat. I feel relaxed already. Tomorrow, pending how the children are doing, I'm hoping to take them to see "Chicken Little" in the theatre, something I promised a few weeks back.

I'm also proud of myself. I took a little bit of "me" time...Including looking up a Shiatsu massage therapist to help with my neck pain and headaches. That was great. They actually commented that I must spend a lot of time on the computer, judging from the muscle tension. Nice.

On a funny note- I REALLY need to go back to the gym. It's been a couple of months (I stopped just before Ramadan), but the funny thing is, my son just told me that he loves hugging me cuz I'm "warm and soft". OK- well- I know he meant it as a compliment, but - there's no compliment in him liking the hugs cuz I have a "soft" body :-) Children are so brutally honest sometimes, aren't they? But they mean well, and if it kick starts my gym routine, then I owe him big time. Unfortunately, it will also mean giving up the potato chip and chocolate fests with the kids, so I'll have to find some other party. But hey- there's still time till I renew the membership....I'll just continue with the chocolate until I have to officially give it up. Maybe I'll just wait till the new year. :-)

No comments: