Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day

I LOVE boxing day. For a shopaholic like me, it's even better than any day of the year. I LOVE it. I think my mom's custom of dragging us out of bed at 6am has totally rubbed off onto me, cuz I still do it, every year without fail. I wait until boxing day to buy all the stuff I need, and I love the shopping. I hate the crowds, but see, at 7am the day after Christmas, very few freaks actually hit the mall. By the time my mom and I are finished, every one else is coming in, so I avoid the crowds, and love the shopping.

I know that most people don't think you get much on boxing day, but see, I love the shopping, and I can scope out any deal. So the thing is, for someone who winds down by shopping as a hobby, this is a total wind down day. I LOVE it.

So I just got home from my parents, and now I have to deal with the part I hate. Sorting out all those bags on the floor. I wish I had someone to do that part for me. Too bad spas aren't open late on boxing day. A whole day of shopping followed by a whole evening at the spa would be complete heaven for me. Either way, I'm still a happy camper.

Well, it's been 3 days and I haven't turned on the blackberry yet. The thought has crossed my mind, but hell with it...I'm going to pre-occupy myself with other stuff, like shopping. :-)

We have a family birthday party for my son tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to the gathering. It should be nice. Let's see how that goes. As for me, I'm enjoying the evening in tonight, and the solitude. The children are with their father, and they will be coming home tomorrow morning.

I keep calling them several times a day. My ex just went back on the meds, so I don't entirely trust the situation. That being said, very little is in my control, so all I can do is make some excuse or another to keep checking in, and to minimize the time he spends with them over the next week, while the meds kick in. I've "innocently" asked him to let me spend extra time with the children this week, and he reluctantly agreed. So he will only have been with them for a 24 hour stretch when I get them back tomorrow morning. At this point, that seems to be the best I can do. But like I said, I do keep calling every few hours to check in. I feel like a total stalker, but I'm not even going to apologize, I'm a mother and I'm doing what I need to do. I know what can happen if I'm not extra careful, so I'm taking all the precautions that I can. By next week, everything should be fine, so I'm hoping for that. Let's hope all remains stable until then. I know...it sounds scary. Trust me. It IS scary. This is the life I left. Thank God I only have to deal with it in small doses now.

1 comment:

shaz said...

Oh great- one shopaholic asking another about her purchases, nice. Well, let's just say that whoever owns the GAP kids store can safely put their children though college. :-)