Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Wading Pool

This is why I bought a house instead of a condo. This is exactly why, and I'’m loving it. I purchased a small wading pool for the children. I just inflated it, filled it with water, bought them new bathing suits and here we are. As I'’m typing this, I'’m sitting outside at my patio set, sipping Diet Pepsi while the children splash and play in their new pool. In an hour or so, I'’ll bring out dinner, we can eat out here, then I'’ll bathe them and put them to bed.

I haven'’t finished the laundry, or the vacuuming, and I don'’t even care. I love this.

Why am I outside on the computer, instead of reading a magazine? Well, everything can'’t be entirely perfect. I'’m behind on some reports for the office, so I have to catch up. Still, if I have to spend part of my Sunday on the laptop, I wouldn't do it any other way.

I am feeling pretty relaxed today. Went to the gym, chatted with some friends on the phone, and now I'’m just working away, as de-stressed as I can be when working. Despite the lawn maintenance, the weeds, the gardening, the snow shovelling, I am so glad I own a house, and I'’m so glad it'’s this house.

I know when I look back on my early days on my own, this will be one of the days I remember. Thank God for happy days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salaams, shaz...wow your "working" day had me in dreamland thinking of getting a house myself...I'm so glad that you're picking up -- enjoying the pleasures of wonderfully ordinary things. I look up to your positive outlook even though you've been through tons and I've been thinking of you a lot lately - in an inspirational kind of way!!! (how's that for my first comment on a blog?)
Signed, s with a Capital Letter(you know who I am)

shaz said...

Hey- and WOW! An actual comment instead of a phone call commenting- now THAT's progress :)

When you get your house, and yes, I said "When"- I will be there to help you every step of the way.

Thanks S!