Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catching Up

I feel like things are going well. My two year separation anniversary on June 9th came and went without any drama. Thank God for that. I managed it just fine. I spent some time with an out of town friend this weekend as well. That was nice, and pretty relaxing.

Right now, it's late, and I am still at the office catching up. I guess things just kind of piled up lately, but I'm plowing through it, so that's a good sign.

Every day that I go home, I check the mailbox to see if I received anything from the courts. So far, I haven't received a thing, so I guess that means I'm still officially married. I am really looking forward to the final closure. The opportunity to put it all to bed once and for all.

I've been doing a lot of things around the house lately. OK That's a lie...I got a friend to come and help. We assembled the patio set, hung up a mirror, I'm going to paint my room this week, my new bedroom set arrives Friday (I am so excited), and I want to do some work on the garage/porch. It's nice. It feels like everything is settling quite well.

I got an email from my ex last week. He said that he's ready for closure. He wants me to pick up the last of my stuff (we never divided our book collection, and family photos), and then he wants to move out of my area. He wanted to know if I would have lunch with him one last time as closure for him. I agreed. I am all for closure. I feel like I got mine when we signed the papers. His will come from moving out of my neighborhood. Either way, its looking good. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! See time is a good healer I hope that you are both able to be civil one day. One can hope!!!!!!
I know he will always be a person trying to control you through your kids but you did the right thing. I hope he is able to see that he needs his meds for his childrens sake. However at least your kids have a safe haven in your house, its their "safe place". Be strong and know that god only gives you what you can handle and it makes you a better person. I think its your time to shine and its always darkest before the dawn so shine away baby, shine away!

shaz said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It's weird- I really have been feeling A LOT better these days. I have a good feeling that things are finally going to take a major turn for the better, like something great is about to happen. :) If nothing else, the hope is good for me.