Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Bedroom Set

Yippee! It's here! My new bedroom set arrived around 4:30 yesterday. I have been so exhausted. Rich and I took apart the old set on Thursday, moved it to the garage, and then painted my bedroom on Thursday night. We finished around 1:30 am. Gosh I'm tired. I hate manual labour. Painting is not my thing. But I must say, the bedroom set is there, and the room looks fantastic. The walls are the colour of peanut butter, the bedroom set is a mahogany brown sleigh bed, and my bedding is like a red wine colour. My drapes are red wine and gold so it all pulls together really nicely. I'm quite pleased with myself. Now this room will truly be my space. I've waited a year to finish it, but all I need now is a few prints for the walls and I'm done. Hooray, and just in time for the divorce papers. I really wanted it done for the divorce papers. Mission accomplished. I'm expecting the papers any day now...Keep your fingers crossed.

So, the children are with me this weekend. I'm hoping to do some housework, and then take them to visit some friends. We're going to my aunts house for dinner tonight, and then the children are with their father tomorrow evening for father's day. I'm also hoping to see the Cars movie with them. They are so looking forward to that movie.

No comments: