Friday, June 23, 2006

Lunch With the Ex

Well, I had lunch with my ex today. For an hour. Let's just say it was not the most enjoyable experience...But that's how it goes. If nothing else, it was yet another reminder that things between us are so unbelievably hopeless, that divorce was the only good option. As if everything else weren't enough on its own.

So I picked him up at noon and we went to a nearby Thai Restaurant. As much as he said he wanted closure, we spent the entire lunch talking about the children. He wanted me to give him more access and I didn't want to give up what I had. As it is, I already give him more than I have to. We talked about the children's academics, their sports, their schooling. Then he dropped the bomb on me.

We had agreed to send the children to a certain school for the summer. We said we would wait and see how it goes and determine if we keep them there in the autumn. He advised me that he sent written notice to my son's public school that he will not be returning in September, since we found a new school for him. Written notice. Without speaking to me. Without even advising me. And I'm the primary residence and keeper for these children. Does that make any sense? Why do I bother?

Let's just say lunch did not end well. It ended in an argument. As usual. Sigh. Some days, I remind myself that marriage and divorce is so damned difficult, why go through it ever again? I said 'sometimes'.

This evening our daughter had her spring concert. My ex and I were both there. After lunch, that was...Well...Awkward to say the least. Sigh. After hardship always comes ease....Where is the ease???

Anyhow, I'm home now with the children and all is calm and good. They are with me this weekend so I'm happy about that. Here's to having fun on the weekend. I have a ton of work to do for the office, so I will spend time on the laptop after they are in bed at night, but other than that, I do intend to have fun.

No comments: