Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stupid Walk in Clinics

Never go to a walk in clinic.  Unless it's so late in the night that you have no other options.

My mom took my daughter to a walk in today.  That was AFTER giving her a dose of advil.  Although my mom told the doctor that my daughter was given advil to bring down the 104 fever, the doctor told her that my daughter was fine and prescribed- get this - claritin for allergies.  She said my daughter had allergies.  Now, I'm not a doctor, but I do have half a brain and therefore I do know that allergies do not give you a fever of 104.  Idiot doctor.

So we are home and my daughter is crying her eyes out - from the pain, the fever, the sore throat, the cold.

I've given her medication/cough syrup/nasal spray.   And more importantly, I've asked my mother to take her to our family doctor tomorrow (he was closed today, which is why they went to a walk in clinic).

Sigh.  Stupid health care.  Stupid doctors should be fired.

No comments: