Sunday, February 20, 2011

Strep Throat

It doesn't end :(

Just when I think I'm getting better I find out that I have step throat.  Sick again.  I had to work from home Friday because I was so exhausted.   And I am now on my third round of antibiotics.   It's very frustrating.

My doctor says that I basically have no immune system.  All the antibiotics have stripped my immune system.  So I have to keep myself warm to protect my lungs (and the pneumonia), and I have to stay away from sick people because I will get sick if I am exposed to anyone.  Sigh.

And the worst part...I was hoping to go on an Umrah trip to Mecca with my parents in March.  I felt like it was time for a spiritual awakening.  My doctor says that with my immune system as bad as it is, he would not recommend planning such a trip.  Sucks to be me.

So now I wait, and hope to heal.  Maybe I can do the Umrah trip in July.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: