Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snow Day 2011

Today is a snow day.  It's the first one since my kids have been going to public school (since grade 1- so like 5/6 years).  Needless to say, the kids are thrilled.

So thrilled in fact, that these same children who sleep in on a daily basis until I get frustrated and start yelling, woke up at 6am and gleefully ate their cereal in front of the TV, which in turn of course woke me up.  Great.  The one day where I thought I could maybe sleep in and rest off the tail end of the pneumonia.  Murphy's Law, I suppose...

Either way, it's a nice day...my kids and I have agreed to make it a "pajama day", where we brush our teeth, wash our faces, and spend the day in pajamas.  Everyone deserves a pajama day every now and then.

As I sit here blogging, my son is sitting at the kitchen table doing his homework (yes, he was so convinced that it would be a snow day that he didn't finish it last night.  We had a bet going.  I told him there hasn't been a snow day in years and that he would get study hall.  He insisted it would be a snow day.  I decided to let natural consequences take their place.  And I lost.  I hate losing).

My daughter is lying on the sofa, under a comforter, reading a novel.

And I am here blogging, with a cup of tea, and my pneumonia almost gone (fingers crossed).  Life doesn't get a lot better than this.

No comments: