Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back to Work with Pneumonia

This was my first week back in the office.  Today was my third day physically in the office.  It' been much harder than I expected.

I thought that as long as I dressed warm, I would be OK.  But the dressing warm was the least of it.  I'm finding I need a nap a few hours into the day.  I'm totally drained.  And the worst, hardest part was walking up and down the stairs at the train station.  Who would have thought?

I guess I didn't think.  Duh.  Pneumonia is about lung capacity and function.  Walking down the stairs, across the tunnel and up another set during the morning rush in the freezing cold is a lot.

Today, when I got to the top of the stairs, I had a chest pain.  Bad.  Like I was going to fall to the ground and die.  Brutal.  Old age sucks.  So does pneumonia.

I work from home on Thursday and I am going in for another set of xrays.  I will definitely need to update my doctor on this.  Sucks to be me.

No comments: