Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Compassionate Boss

Today was supposed to be my first day back in the office.  I've been out of the office for just over 3 weeks with pneumonia.  I worked from home yesterday, and told my boss that I would come in to work today.

At 6am I got an email from my boss.  She said it was REALLY cold outside and was I sure I wanted to come into the office?  She said she was totally OK with me working from home, anything to avoid getting sicker.  She had pneumonia once and pushed herself to come back to work, and apparently it came back again a couple of weeks later.  She has been constantly warning me to keep warm.  It's just really nice of her to be so concerned.

What a blessing.  Honestly- how many people can say they work for someone like that?  I mean- I have been out of the office for 3 weeks!  She has been carrying my workload for me, and she is still telling me that my health comes first and that work is not as important.

I feel so blessed.  I'm no saint (trust me)- so I have NO IDEA what I did to deserve this, but wow.  I am blown away.   She even sent me flowers a week ago.  And keep in mind, that I have only been working at this company for 6 months.

Today, I've been counting my blessings...

No comments: