Friday, April 03, 2009

Something for me...

I think it's been years since I've done something for me. It's funny...as a single mom you get so caught up in doing the work, that you never have time for yourself. A friend recently asked "so what are your hobbies?". Truthfully, I felt kind of sad. I mean, I don't have the time for hobbies. I try to go to the gym 3x a week (OK, I end up going 2x cuz I don't have the time). But I don't LOVE it. I go because I kind of have to.

I enjoy spending time with friends, but I don't call that a hobby. I enjoy shopping, but that's not a hobby either. And I watch Oprah. That's my life. That and of course the children. I'm not saying I'm a bore. I mean I've dated, I have great friends, but I don't have a hobby.

So this week, I signed up for a (don't laugh) belly dancing course. It's something that I've wanted to take for years. Really. Like 10 years, but never had the guts to do it.

And I loved it. I suck at it, but I loved it. What fun. I should have done something like this a long time ago. I'm probably the only girl in the class with zero rhythm, but it is loads of fun. Nothing like 20 girls in a class laughing their butts off while, well, shaking them too :)

I've decided that when this is over, I'm taking another class. Maybe belly dancing. Maybe something else.

Hooray for hobbies :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!
I'm so proud of you for taking a leap and trying something new that you've wanted to do for "like 10 years" as you put it.
Go for it Shaz!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
xoKJP

shaz said...

Thanks honey! This is new for me too and I am SO EXCITED! :)